An amazing opportunity to join a Global leader in safety and survival solutions
Looking for a Lifting Engineer to join our team on a full time, permanent basis
About Our Client
My client is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, energy, aerospace and defence markets. Throughout its 160 year history, it has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
My client operates through two distinct businesses, for Marine and Aerospace & Defence. Together they have over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors.
By setting the global standard in critical safety and survival, protects over one million lives every day.
The business is currently going through an exciting period of positive change, this opportunity is based in the Marine business.
The successful Lifting Engineer will be responsible for the following;
- Perform stated tasks within company policies and procedures and obtain approval for any deviation from specifically allocated tasks.
- Be primarily responsible for attending the planned preventative maintenance of customer's gantry cranes.
- Reacting to customer breakdowns.
- Potential requirement to provide rotational cover for out of hours customer response.
- Complete fault diagnosis and liaise directly with the customer to achieve cost effective methods of service and repair.
- Complete and return full service & repair reports ensuring all parts utilised have been allocated correctly.
- Ensure customer requirements are met and reporting and additional requirements to the sales team.
- Be responsible for proof load testing, visual examination, service and inspection of cranes and general lifting equipment.
- Liaise on a day to day basis with the Operations team.
- Achieve competency level as defined in LEEA registration scheme.
- Be qualified and demonstrate experience in mechanical & electrical maintenance and fault finding.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Lifting Engineer will possess a range of the following;
- Hold minimum NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) Electrical Maintenance
- Hold minimum City & Guilds (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering 17th Edition
- Experience of maintaining, repairing, and fault finding in gantry crane systems is desirable
- Have a good knowledge of LOLER requirements
- Preferably hold or working towards LEEA, IP1, IP2 and IP3 as minimum
- Competent to perform inspections of lifting equipment in accordance with LOLER
- Have a flexible approach with working hours
What's on Offer
The successful Lifting Engineer will receive;
- Competitive basic salary
- Other company benefits