A fantastic opportunity for a lifting engineer
Competitive salary - Start ASAP
About Our Client
Our client helps ensure survival, across air, land, and sea, through the design and manufacture of life-saving technology.
Role Responsibilities for the lifting engineer:
- Perform stated tasks within company policies and procedures and obtain approval for any deviation from specifically allocated tasks.
- Be primarily responsible for attending the planned preventative maintenance of customer's gantry cranes.
- Reacting to customer breakdowns.
- Potential requirement to provide rotational cover for out of hours customer response
- Complete fault diagnosis and liaise directly with the customer to achieve cost effective methods of service and repair
- Complete and return full service & repair reports ensuring all parts utilised have been allocated correctly
- Ensure customer requirements are met and reporting and additional requirements to the sales team
- Be responsible for proof load testing, visual examination, service and inspection of cranes and general lifting equipment.
- Liaise on a day to day basis with the Operations team.
- Achieve competency level as defined in LEEA registration scheme.
- Be qualified and demonstrate experience in mechanical & electrical maintenance and fault finding.
- Be familiar with test and examination techniques for general lifting equipment to LEEA standards
- Experienced in the service and repair of gantry crane systems (various manufacturers).
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is conducted in accordance with company procedures and instructions.
- Responsible for ensuring allocated tasks are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for providing own tooling (larger workshop tooling provided)
- Ensure that allocated equipment, tools etc. are maintained & used in a safe and correct manner
The Successful Applicant
Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required for the successful lifting engineer:
- Hold minimum NVQ3 (or equivalent) Electrical Maintenance.
- Hold minimum City & Guilds (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering 17th edition.
- Experience of maintaining, repairing and fault finding in gantry crane systems is desirable.
- Have a good knowledge of LOLER requirements.
- Preferably hold or working towards LEEA IP1, IP2 & IP3 as minimum.
- Competent to perform inspections of lifting equipment in accordance with LOLER.
- Full UK Driving License required.
- Have a flexible approach regards working hours, and the ability to work extra hours if required.
- Have the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, via all means of communication (written and verbal) & IT literate.
- Have excellent organisational skills and awareness of the requirement for efficient time planning.
- A willingness to undertake future professional development.
- Great attention to detail, high standards and a determination to achieve positive results.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties deemed appropriate and commensurate with the post.
What's on Offer
- competitive salary