LISP Software programmer
Industry leading Manufacturing business
Potential for permanent position after initial contract period
About Our Client
Industry Leading manufacturing business.
· Proven experience in writing and dealing with internally built systems and their integration
· Demonstrable experience of writing in Lisp code, including the extraction of data of the system
· Responsible for ensuring any new system requirements are captured and understood by the wider business and
key decision makers
· Accountable for the transfer of product information from ICAD to a new system
· The ability to think, short, medium and long terms solutions to problems and make recommendations
· To assess the effectiveness of IT infrastructure and applications, and to make recommendations for changes or
improvements where appropriate.
· Design, programming & testing of product part data, fabrication details, pricing rules, promotional offers and
visual image generation for new products and enhancements to existing products.
· Design, development & testing of outputs from the systems
· Maintain system documentation to facilitate the efficient operation & maintenance of the systems
· Administration of the Configurator central hub system to include the monitoring of the hub performance to
ensure its efficient running.
· Liaison with the IT help desk to ensure that they are aware of any system changes and to assist with the
configuration of hardware for new users.
· Provide technical support for the Oscar & Configurator systems
· Communicate with users of the system in writing & on the telephone to notify them of system changes and
ascertain areas for improvement.
· Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet changing priorities
The Successful Applicant
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
· Demonstrable experience of programming in Lisp programming language
· Project management principles (and experience in complex I.T. projects)
· In-depth knowledge of existing systems & tendering and implementing new systems
· Good communication skills, including report writing and technical presentations
· Demonstrable experience of programming in Java & Java Script
· Experience of creating product rules designs in Product Configurator software
· Experience of using SQL database queries
· An advanced knowledge of using MS Office applications.
· Excellent communications skills are required for regular interaction with users
· Ability to demonstrate an understanding of product engineering design principles, manufacturing processes
or similar is an advantage
What's on Offer
Excellent rates of pay.
Long term opportunity.