Opportunity to join a global business
Progression and development
About Our Client
As a Logistics Co-ordinator in UK Exports your main focus is on the planning and execution of cargo movements for one of our key retail clients. Principally UK Export and Crosstrade traffic focused on the Middle East and South East Asia.
Based on instructions received from customers the Logistics Co-ordinator will be responsible for ensuring all planned activities, based on the business rules and requirements are completed to cost, quality and time. This will involve receiving instructions by email or phone, booking with Airlines, Shipping Lines and road hauliers, creating Airway-Bills, Bills of Lading, tracking shipments, updating tracking systems and spreadsheets, loading consignment costs from agreed rate structures on to business software, invoicing customer and completion of customs export entries.
The Successful Applicant
- Air-freight, Ocean freight, Customs (Export) including experience of all related documentation such as AWBs, BOLs, export entries
- Cross trade shipments experience
- Working with overseas agents
- Freight forwarding or 3PL
- Freight forwarding systems
- Export Entries
- Dangerous goods trained
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
- Innovative and resourceful
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
- Good team player
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexible approach to daily tasks and work load
What's on Offer
A salary between £26,000 and £28,000 + Generous Benefits Package.