Global Manufacturing Business
About Our Client
Global Automotive Manufacturer based in the West Midlands
- Direct responsibility and development responsibility for 5 people
- Planning of manufacturing facilities, procurement and availability of supplied parts whilst maintaining and improving inventory and key supply chain management targets.
- S&OP - to drive and manage the end to end process.
- Attend supplier and customer meetings to review of implement improvement plans
- Develop and implement strategies and plans / opportunities for the removal of excess goods and materials to meet financial targets
- Regular reviews of production outputs against targets, capacity planning to ensure customer and production plans are communicated and assessed.
- Interface with customers as and when required to establish changes to plans and assess the impact to the business and related targets
- Regular planned meetings with suppliers to review improvement opportunities in improving logistics whilst reducing inventories and costs
- Identify packaging solutions to meet customer, supplier and company needs to ensure product quality and integrity whilst ensuring all budgetary and environmental requirements are met
- Identify supplier and customer logistics protocols, inventory management, communication processes and packaging are in place and meet timing and budgetary requirements
- Ensure adequate IT systems are available for procurement, material and production planning purposes so that material storage and movements together with inventory data are accurate
- Develop, manage and execute Lean logistics processes within both the internal and external supply chains eg Kanban, pull supply processes, SAP/MRP systems for planning and supplier scheduling
- Contribute to all NPI activities and ensure transport, packaging and supply chain processes are in place to meet project cost and timing requirements eg manage ramp-ups, negotiate with customers / suppliers, handle bottlenecks/concerns, prototype supplies
- Manage material procurement activities for the plant with the continuing objectives of reducing lead times, increasing consignment stock, reducing inventories and minimising costs whilst making sure that raw materials are always available to meet production plans
The Successful Applicant
My client are looking for an innovative problem solver. If you truly enjoy people development then this role would be for you. Enthusiasm to get the best from people and the motivation to lead from the front is key. Must possess drive and enthusiasm and are tenacious and determined to succeed in a demanding environment
What's on Offer