opportunity to grow a career with an international business
drive change and improvement into logistics function
About Our Client
Our client are part of an international organisation who operate in the service industry. The business has recently gone through some change and an opportunity has emerged to hire an experienced Logistics Manager to support the inbound/outbound logistics function to ensure operational objectives are fulfilled and customer service levels met to high expectations.
The Logistics Manager will operate as part of the site leadership team and will work closely with management colleagues to implement a strategic plan for improvement. The Logistics Manager will ensure effective planning and routing, drive efficiency's and promote a culture of continuous improvement. Overseeing the day to day running of the function, fleet labour, budget control, driver compliance and ensure all maintenance requirements are met.
A key part of the role will be leading, developing and mentoring the team to improve business performance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all vehicle compliance and carry out monthly checks and facilitate quarterly audit of vehicles
- Prepare and manage driver rotas to ensure trained cover for absence and appropriate vehicles are available
- Agree clear objectives for direct reports and monitoring performance through annual appraisal process
- Ensure all documentation is filled in line with statutory requirements.
- Complete monthly KPI targets by agreed deadline and monitor performance
- Address issues and create action plans for improvement
- Ensure the department meets all H&S requirements and team members are aware of their responsibilities
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you must be CPC qualified with a demonstrable track record of managing a team to achieve business objectives and of implementing change to drive improvements.
Managing and developing processes for a logistics function. You shall have good knowledge and previous experience of using transport planning systems.
The ideal candidate for this post will thrive in a fast paced, busy environment, will have well developed engagement and communication skills and a desire to drive improvement initiatives within a logistics function.
What's on Offer
An opportunity to grow a career with an international business with scope for future career progression