- An exciting role for new graduates wishing to embark on a career in logistics!
- A opportunity with a large, multi-national shipping magnet!
About Our Client
My client is a market-leader in the shipping industry and has offices based across the world (in Germany, Spain, USA & more recently in the Far East). You will be joining a fast-pace environment assisting in finding logistics solutions for some of the world's largest industrial, retail & FMCG based customers. My client focuses on searching air freight, sea freight & road freight solutions, which are both cost effective & time sensitive.
As a Logistics & Shipping Graduate you will be joining a team of 5x Shipping & Logistics Analysts, reporting into the Shipping & Freight Supervisor. You will be responsible for the following areas in the Derby office:
- Coordinating commercial and reservation activity on behalf of partner airlines and transport providers across the full suite of products.
- Key focus area will be our airlines speciality products including Temperature Control, Dangerous Goods and Express.
- Ensure timely responses on all commercial activity to both clients and airlines.
- Proactive follow up on all opportunities across our airline portfolio to secure bookings at optimum yield.
- Positive interfacing with customers, airlines, colleagues and management.
- To collect all export shipping documentation (Airway bill, Commercial Invoices, Customs Documents, Proof of Delivery) from Freight Forwarders and Customer Service teams on a daily basis to UK Customs Requirements. Once data is obtained ensure it is tracked and documents correctly to comply with Eaton and HMRC Requirements.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Logistics & Shipping Graduate will first & foremost have a passion to join the Logistics & Supply Chain sectors, along with the following extra attributes:
- A Degree (2:2 minimum) - ideally within a Logistics, Supply Chain or Business Focus
- Work experience around the logistics & supply chain sector would be advantageous, but not essential.
- A flair for prov ding high levels of engagement and customer service to high-value accounts
- The ability to commute to Derby on a daily basis
What's on Offer
- £23,000-£26,000 - Basic Salary
- £2,000-£4,000 bonus scheme - accessible in the first year
- 25+8 days annual leave
- Access to a growing career ladder
- World-class training & development within one of the UK's fastest growing markets