Logistics Supervisor Dayshift or Backshift
Leader in the sector in multiple countries
About Our Client
A Global business in the service industry
* To provide relief cover by completing routes in the event of driver absence or holidays.
* Ensure vehicle and driver compliance with O licence, site, EU and other legal requirements
* Ensure risk assessments are undertaken and implemented on customer premises for major changes/new business when required as advised
* To ensure the drivers deliver the level of customer service that meets the agreed plans for optimal service levels.
* Ensure route optimisation savings are achieved and all routes are profitable, ensuring the use of agency drivers is kept to a minimum.
* Investigate, analyse and implement corrective actions utilising current systems where appropriate to resolve all logistics problems eliminating inefficient supply and distribution routes, quality of service, customer losses and continuously improving working practices
* Develop, propose and agree functional budgets with Logistics Manager, monitoring and controlling all activities in accordance with the agreed functional budget, investigating and resolving any variances.
* Lead, manage, control and development of personnel
The Successful Applicant
This is a fast paced and busy environment with a high focus on customer service, the ideal candidate for this post will have a can-do attitude, be flexible and have the ability to react quickly to the needs of the customer. Will demonstrate a track record of leading and managing teams within a transport and logistics environment, possess the ability to listen to and influence peer group and department team members and be able to organise self and others to ensure tasks are carried out in a timely manner
In addition the following is required for this post
- HGV 2 licence
- Driving licence
- Experience to working with Health & Safety regulation
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement programmes
- Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
- Previous experience in the use of logistics management tools and systems.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, opportunity to work for a Global organisation