Logistics Team Leader
Have you worked within a manufactoring environment?
Have you got a logistics stores background?
About Our Client
My Client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector and is a market leading Tec brand.
The Logistics Team Leader in Ilminster will be responsible for...
- Receive goods from transport, inspect and receive on to Syspro
- Forward goods requiring physical inspection to Inspection
- Identify and notify the appropriate personnel of items with Good's Receiving Issues. Quarantine the parts and ensure actions are completed within a timely manner.
- Pick parts according to the work to list provided by Production
- Work in accordance with FIFO guidelines
- Document all stock variances when found and report to the Procurement Manager and Finance Controller
- Route cause the reason for any variance and ensure corrective actions are put in place
- Cycle Count
- Complete the weekly cycle count process. Document all stock variances when found and report to the Procurement Manager and Finance Controller
- Dispatch goods
- Oversee the smooth running of the dispatch process
- Identify any Health & Safety or improvement requirements and ensure timely implementation
- Material storage and handling
- Ensure staff are correctly trained in MHE
- Ensure MHE is maintained in line with equipment recommendations
- Maintain any operator records where applicable
- Maintain a counter service for internal customers
- Operate a daily 'Milk Round' for Consumables
- Responsibility for Health and Safety within Stores and ensuring all equipment and ways of working conform with up to date regulation
- Ensure all military components are segregated and stored in accordance with ITAR requirements
- Continuous Improvement - Identify and gain approval for implementation of CI initiatives that reduce manual activity within stores and improve efficiency and accuracy within stores
- Lead a flexible approach to work, help and support each other within the stores environment
- Manage training requirements to ensure people can work across all areas within stores to ensure cover during periods of holiday and sickness
- Define clear objectives for staff and review and support in the delivery of those objectives.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Logistics Team Leader will have...
- 3+ year's experience in managing a stores environment.
- Experience in manufacturing environment essential.
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Able to plan and organise workload
- Working knowledge of Syspro or equivalent ERP system
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
What's on Offer
The successful candidate in Ilminster will receive...
- A salary between 25,000-28,000 depending on experience
- Monday-Friday day shifts
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 5% going up to 6% employer pension in April
- Company sick pay
- Employee assistance program
- Free parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discount membership
- Eye care vouchers