Machine Design Engineer
Growing Manufacturing Company
Market Leader in its field
About Our Client
Addition Manufacturing Technologies are a global Manufacturing Technology company. Based in Preston, they are leading engineering company that specialises in providing advanced metal tube-forming technology and systems to manufacturers worldwide in the automotive, aerospace and general industrial markets.. Their single purpose is to provide manufacturers the world over with the most advanced, efficient, and safest manufacturing equipment, systems and technologies that human ingenuity, imagination and hard work can devise.
The position within the expanding operations of Addition MT Europe is to support the Engineering functions of the European locations. Reporting directly to the UK based Technical Director you would be working closely with a team in France to ensure that all engineering functions are coordinated fully. The ultimate goal here will be to harmonise all engineering functions and procedures at all the company's plants around the world.
A significant part of the role will include the conceptual design of new product to meet customer requirements or the enhancement to existing products. You would support the development and control of project plans covering all engineering areas of the business for new project introduction and ongoing development of the indigenous product. Working with a cross functional team assigned to the projects, regular reviews and reporting to the management team on the project status will be required.
The Successful Applicant
It is expected that the successful candidate will have at least a HNC [or equivalent] in a mechanical engineering discipline.
The following skills are required for this position.
- The ability to work under pressure and be self-motivated.
- Sound engineering skills in all elements of machine tool or special purpose machinery design.
- Knowledge and understanding of latest national safety requirements for machine tools.
- Substantial design experience of electric servo control systems and devices.
- At least 2 years' experience in an engineering department.
- Proficient ability of use of a major 3D CAD system. Re-training to the business platform will be provided.
- The ability to produce conceptual Machine and Equipment design.
- Structured and logical approach to problem solving.
- Competent with Microsoft office.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques
The following skills will be highly beneficial for this position
- Exposure to Automotive Exhaust related production techniques and demands.
- Control system functionality design.
- Time served fitter and machinist [engineering].
- Knowledge of heat treatment and materials.
What's on Offer
This is a full time, permanent salaried position in an expanding and dynamic business with global reach. Predominately based within our Preston facility there will be some requirement for travel to other plants around the world.
£40,000 to £50,000 plus benefits