- Chance to work for a well established company
- Multiple roles, exceptional training and career progression!
About Our Client
My client is a large global FMCG business based in Rainham looking for multiple Machine Shop Setters to join their team.
Machine Shop Setters duties:
- Setting and operating of CNC lathes, vertical machining centres and horizontal machining centres with Fanuc & Mazatrol controls, conventional machines as and when required (Drills, capstan lathes, fly press etc), ensuring cycle times and outputs are achieved to the correct quality standard, report failings.
- Complete detailed quality checks against dimensional drawings using measuring equipment, verniers, micrometers and gauges etc, Pass off 1st off approvals for production run and log and record all measurements on the relevant check sheets.
- Program transfers from and to the DNC computer system.
- Recognise, identify and report all quality defects and equipment failures.
- Ensure all completed work is sent to the stores with any empty trays for that particular part, daily for booking in.
- Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with any work instructions / procedures.
- Ensure preventative maintenance schedules are completed as required.
- Maintain good communications and relationships throughout the company.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and make suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment and good housekeeping standards and ensure 5S standards are maintained.
The Successful Applicant
- An understanding of ISO Programming and FANUC controls.(3 Axis and above)
- Sliding head Experience (I.E Citizen M32V or Star machines)
- Understanding of program layouts within sliding head machines (I.E Multi channels and programming software)
- A decent amount of turning and milling experience across various materials would be advantageous
- An understanding of thread forms & pipe fittings
- An ability to use and understand measuring instrumentation
- Be capable of holding tight tolerances to within microns & maintaining standards throughout a Run.
What's on Offer
- Day shift 06.00 - 14.30 or 08.00 - 16.30, nights 19.00 - 05.30 (start on days for training through)
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) Bonus 2% (this % is dependent on role, but tends to be 2% for the manufacturing roles)
- Company Pension 5% employee 3% employer
- Death in Service Benefit payable at 1x salary
- High 5 recognition scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme (after probationary period)
- Onsite Parking