Maintenance Engineer - Days Based
New Maintenance Engineer position based in Sheffield on Days.
Maintenance Engineer, Days Based, Mechanical biasd.
About Our Client
Based in Sheffield my client are a Large sized manufacturing and production organisation, supplying products into a range of industries. With a workforce of 360 employees and maintenance team of 12 engineers this is an Maintenance Engineer or Fitter position.
Reporting into the Maintenance Supervisor as the Maintenance Engineer - Days Based you will ensure that all plant, equipment and services are safely maintained in line with the companies PPM system and to fulfil all statutory regulations. You will also carry out planned preventative maintenance and to provide quick response to reported breakdowns.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance in line with CMMS system.
- Report any observations/concerns arising from a PPM activity.
- Respond to breakdowns and quickly effect a repair as to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Adhere to all health, safety and environmental policies.
- Suggest and implement plant improvements.
- Monitor and request spares in a timely manner to maintain plant and equipment.
- Accurately complete documentation to enable a traceable and auditable route.
- Take part in cross functional task teams to improve machine/process reliability.
- Assist in any auditing being conducted either internal or external.
- Mentor maintenance assistants within core trade.
- Supervise contractors when required, to ensure that they work safely and inline with their documented RAMS.
- Attend daily toolbox talks to enable quick communications of any issues.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for this position of Maintenance Engineer - Days Based you will have;
- Mechanical aptitude
- Problem solving skills
- Core trade skills
- Planning and organising
- Co-ordination and control
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Team work
What's on Offer
£30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience.