- New site set up
- Career building opportunities
About Our Client
This is a market leading company that supply products directly to the consumer from their multiple sites across the UK. Due to continued growth & investment they are opening a brand new site in the Oxfordshire region. You will be part of a new exciting team, working with the latest technology in the industry, supporting the wider Engineering function with site set up on a mixture of mechanical & electrical equipment.
As the Maintenance Engineer, you will be a key member of the engineering department, working in an automated facility. This role will require you to work on both Electrical and Mechanical equipment in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Initially, support site set up of all new equipment
- Ensure all planned preventative maintenance schedules are completed to high standards every time.
- Carry out repairs/ maintenance tasks, with a first-time fix approach.
- Ensure any spares are booked out to the correct asset.
- Ensure any Company Quality Health & Safety objectives and statutory obligations are adhered to at all time.
- Deal with all breakdowns effectively ensuring the outage time is not affected from parts availability
- Communicate with Operations Team ensuring all planned preventative maintenance schedules are maintained and equipment serviced appropriately.
- Responsible for the surpassing of all KPIs and delivering a high level of customer service and ensuring targets are met.
- Responsible for the continual improvement of process/methods of the sites operating practices
- Identify and repair faults on a continual basis to ensure Customer Service levels are maintained and premature MHE failures do not occur.
- Responsible for fault diagnosis and problem solving
- Liaising with external providers in regard to trouble shooting, mechanical faults and failures and equipment breakdowns
Working Hours: Initially Day Shift, then moving onto Panama Shift
The Successful Applicant
A Multi-Skilled Engineer with a 50:50 split or an electrical bias, ideally with experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment & the following:
- A recognised Engineering qualification (NVQ Level 3/HNC)
- An understanding of PLC Systems would be advantageous
- Excellent problem-solving ability and able to suggest ideas for improvements
- Ability to work as part of a small team and build effective working relationships with others.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic business environment ensuring targets and deadlines are achieved
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive approach to work and tasks
- Able to work without direct supervision and remain motivated to achieve set targets
- Must be an effective communicator and able to develop good working relationships with all levels of personnel across all teams.
What's on Offer
Circa £40,000 - £43,000 (Including Shift Allowance)