- The client is a waste business for highly-regulated materials
- The Maintenance Engineer will work 4 on 4 off days and nights
About Our Client
The client is a successful waste business for highly-regulated materials. They have multiple sites in the UK but the Maintenance Engineer will be based at the Leeds site.
The Maintenance Engineer will work in Leeds and be responsible for the day to day mechanical maintenance activities within the plant, providing first line breakdown / defect repairs. Acting immediately and effectively to minimise the loss of plant availability to keep downtime to a minimum using preventive and reactive maintenance procedures in line with site specific maintenance schedules. They will be there:
- To provide first line breakdown / defect repairs and or support to shift supervisors,
- To closely monitor the safe running of the plant and report to the supervisor or manager any engineering concerns.
- To prepare and co-ordinate the inspection, and effect repairs if required, to all statutory and non-statutory testing actions required to plant and equipment.
- To review and update where required or as and when necessary site maintenance procedures (Site Specific)
- To ensure pending unsafe conditions are notes and reported to the plant manager.
- To be involved with the "out of hours" engineering support group, in providing frontline maintenance support both communicably and physically when required.
- To complete maintenance logs in line with company B.MS System
- To stand in for the shift supervisor in their absence (site specific requirement)
The Successful Applicant
The successful Maintenance Engineer will preferably have experience within a plant/incinerator environment as well as:
- Minimum requirement formal qualification in Mechanical Engineering (e.g. City & Guilds or equivalent)
- Hydraulics maintenance / fault finding
- Working Knowledge of Steam systems on a waste to energy plant
- Welding MMA/MIG
- Oxy/propane cutting
- FLT Licence
- A willingness to develop in the role
- Electrical fault finding experience (desirable)
- 16th/17th Edition Electrical Qualification (desirable)
- Heavy Industrial plant Experience (desirable)
What's on Offer
The Maintenance Engineer will join a large and stable organisation, being offered development and support in the role. Get in touch for further information on the total package.