Maintenance Leader vacancy, Electrical biased engineer based in Sheffield.
Excellent, new position in Sheffield - Maintenance Leader.
About Our Client
My client are a large, engineering business who supply a variety of high-value precision-engineered products for Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Industrial, Bar and Narrow Strip. They are now looking to recruit a Maintenance Leader to be based at the South Yorkshire site.
The Maintenance Leader will possess high technical ability, and through on-the-job coaching and supervision, will play a key role in leading the Day team, responsible for improving performance and reliability of their assets. The post holder will focus on the efficient and effective planning and execution of maintenance. The Team Leader will also be self-driven to improve the quality of the maintenance catalogue, with an understanding of a wider business requirement and knowledge outside of their formal qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team of skilled and apprentice craftsmen in all aspects of the workplace
- Through planning and supervision, ensuring that business health and safety instructions are followed, e.g working at height, hot work, and confined spaces
- Planning and delegating activities of Team Members and contractors through monitoring and controlling attendance and holidays, and assisting in the delivery of technical and safety training
- Undertaking Technician duties and responsibilities if required
- Planning labour & materials requirements for plant needs, as specified by Section Engineers
- Coordinating and supervising other service providers and contractors
- Using a CMMS to its full capability for maintenance activities
- Undertaking training to learn new skills and use any training given
- Involvement in plant improvement projects
- Writing and reviewing risk assessments, method statements, and procedures
The Successful Applicant
You will have a recognised electrical apprenticeship (Preferably HNC but minimum ONC level or equivalent)Sound plant knowledge and experience of industrial systems such as:
- Hydraulic systems
- Pumps, drives and gearboxes
- Heavy machinery
- Water cooling systems
- Conveyor systems
- Dust extraction systems
- Mobile plant
What's on Offer
£30,000 - £45,000