- Fixed Term Contract -12 months
- Running Maintenance and Facilities
About Our Client
My client are an established manufacturing business based in Newport.
The purpose of the role is to manage a cost-effective service-oriented team of Technicians in the provision, management, maintenance, improvement and replacement of company equipment, moulds, fixtures, facilities and services so the company may achieve its goals and satisfy customer requirement
- As a member of the site management team, contribute to the overall management of the business so that the organisation achieves its goals for growth and profitability in line with the vision and other initiatives and strategic plans, and to improve the business in accordance with the Future Factory Vision.
- To develop and compile a system of care packages and planned maintenance regimes for business critical items of equipment and plant to maximise machine up-time and to ensure that unplanned interruptions to production are minimised, while at the same time minimising the costs of operating those care packages in terms of spare parts stockholding etc
- Investigate and analyse the root cause of equipment failures and develop properly planned maintenance routines that will prevent unplanned equipment failures, and compile and submit justified recommendations for equipment replacement or disposal.
- To develop, plan and realise a vision for the maintenance function which will achieve world class standards of maintenance management and effectiveness
- To manage, control and supervise the activities of 3rd party contractors to ensure that the company's requirements for cleaning, security and other ancillary services are met in a cost-effective manner, to the standards required and in compliance with all relevant safety and environmental standards and legislation. This includes the establishment, negotiation and renewal of contracts for the provision of those services
- To source and supervise the provision of on-site engineering and facilities services in accordance with health, safety, environmental and all legal requirements, e.g. RMC (water treatment), British Gas
- Work closely and co-operate with the Site Health, Safety and Environment Lead in all matters.
- To manage the overall departmental budget and achieve cost savings wherever possible without compromising the effectiveness of the department or of the site manufacturing activities
- To manage and supervise the activities of the on-site toolroom and the outsourcing of toolmaking services as required
- To improve the intellectual capital of the personnel involved with all maintenance and toolroom activities in terms of their knowledge, skills and abilities, including developing and implementing a training matrix to ensure flexibility across all activities and functions
- To seek to continuously improve all aspects of the department's functions and to use the business operating tools and kaizen events as appropriate to achieve those improvements
- To manage and maintain the company's records and systems to ensure that legal and insurance requirements for equipment inspection, testing and examination are met
The Successful Applicant
- As the Maintenance Manager your experience would have been gained managing and leading maintenance and facilities teams in a manufacturing environment, you will have a track record of developing people.
- Time served apprentice with a proven history of self-development post qualifying
- A thorough knowledge of IT systems with sound skills in Excel & Word & PowerPoint packages
- Ideally already trained to IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and benefits.