Growing FMCG / Food Manufacturer
Opportunity to progress into the Site Engineering Manager
About Our Client
My client is a leading FMCG / Food manufacturing organisation based in Warrington.
- To complete tasks in a safe manner that complies with current Health and Safety legislation.
- To control the planned maintenance requirements of the manufacturing plant and equipment.
- To ensure the completion of maintenance in accordance with food hygiene guidelines and regulations.
- To drive production line efficiencies to meet and exceed targets.
- To utilise the human performance system to maximise engineering labour and productivity.
- To participate and integrate with other production staff to meet the site KPI's.
- Drive Continuous Improvement of the key Performance measures of the production process.
- Complete all corrective actions agreed within the team.
- Working to Best Practise methods.
- To ensure finish product complies with product specification.
- To provide support for the Manufacturing Support Engineers and Engineering Manager when required.
- To ensure all spare parts and stock control are up to date.
- To ensure the engineering department is kept tidy and clean at all times. This includes the store rooms, welding area and associated building and surrounding.
The Successful Applicant
- Academic Engineering qualifications. HNC or HND Equivalent.
- Recognised skilled apprenticeship or equivalent.
- Experience in managing staff.
- Excellent fault finding skills.
- Computer / PC skills.
- Proactive approach to preventative maintenance.
- A "can-do" mentality.
- Familiarisation of modern manufacturing methods i.e. Kaizen, TPM, 5S.
- A Flexible approach to working patterns including working additional hours to meet business needs.
- I.E.E. 17th Edition wiring regulations (If Electrically biased).
- Basic experience of PLC systems and communications.
- Working Knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems.
- Experience of different types of welding practises.
- Experience of complex packaging machinery.
- Experience of site utility plant such as air compressors, Boilers and effluent treatment plants.
What's on Offer
£40,000 to £45,000 dependent on experience