- The client is an industrial manufacturer based in Wakefield
- The Maintenance Manager will work a 3 shift pattern and be a hands on manager
About Our Client
The client is a successful blue-chip industrial manufacturer based in Wakefield.
The Maintenance Manager will work a 3 shift pattern in Wakefield and be expected to:
- Drive the development and maintenance of a preventative, predictive and proactive approach to all engineering activities to ensure all key performance indicators and company strategies are met.
- Take full responsibility for managing and developing individuals and the team to the required levels.
- Effectively manage successful completion of engineering projects to agreed cost, time and quality objectives.
- Promote the development of a safety culture to include effective contractor control, maintenance of housekeeping to agreed standards and ensuring team members operate to industry safety benchmarks and legislative standards within a safe working environment.
- Carry out effective training of colleagues and non-maintenance personnel.
- Ensure full compliance with all company policies and procedures
The Successful Applicant
The successful Maintenance Manager will be/have:
- Qualified to Degree or equivalent in an Engineering field or hold a recognised Engineering apprenticeship
- Previous Engineering experience in a Manufacturing environment is essential
- Previous Supervisory experience including development of individuals and teams
- Proven project management capability with experience of a wide range of electro-mechanical equipment
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and PLC controlled equipment would be advantageous.
- Good communications skills at all levels and interpersonal skills along with the ability to influence and empower colleagues
- Extensive knowledge of Health & Safety requirements including safe working systems!
What's on Offer
The Maintenance Manager will work a 3 shift pattern and work for a successful blue-chip manufacturer based in Wakefield. For more perks of the package please get in touch.