New, Maintenance Supervisor position based in Alfreton.
This business is looking for a long-term hire who can progress and develop.
About Our Client
Based in Alfreton my client is a leading 'house brand' manufacturing business who currently employ circa 60 staff. The products manufactured on site include plastic and metals components, and the machinery in CNC based. To apply for the position you have some some hands on experience but this is a Maintenance Supervisor.
- Develop and lead the maintenance technicians on site
- Developing and improving PPM & TPM Systems
- Being involved in Project Work
- Budget control
- Procurement of Engineering Spares & Consumables
- Management and Supervision of Outside Contractors
- Responding to plant breakdowns
- Inspecting facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Preparing weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
- Recruiting, supervising and training maintenance technicians
This role will report into the Operations Manager, on a Monday to Friday days based position and you will be responsible for 4 or 6 engineers, supporting them with PPM's & breakdowns and liaising with suppliers to source parts.
This role will not require you to be hands-on but you will need to have a strong technical background to find solutions for reactive breakdowns, as well as guide and advise the team.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the Maintenance Supervisor position you will need to have an engineering or manufacturing experience and:
- Previous experience in a maintenance engineer or supervisor role
- Mechanically or Electrically qualified
- Knowledge in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to monitor and manage engineers on a daily basis.
- Breakdowns and PPM's understanding
- Ability to problem solve and come up with solutions to breakdowns
- Liaise with suppliers in the local area, having a network of suppliers would be an advantage
- Be creative and come up with different solutions to engineering problems
What's on Offer
The salary for this position is £30,000 to £40,000 and will be on a Monday to Friday days based rota.