Work for UK's leading recycling, renewable energy & waste management companies
A company at the forefront of the UK's green economy
About Our Client
One of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Who put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
Working at the forefront of the UK's green economy and are one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Using smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
1. The Maintenance Shift Supervisor shall be responsible for carrying out planned and unplanned maintenance activities for that particular shift to ensure safe and efficient operation of the Glasgow plant.
2. Work alongside the Maintenance Engineer and Maintenance Planner to ensure work is properly prioritised and allocated.
3. Act as the Nominated Supervisor in line with Company Safety Rules and ensure that any work parties are set to work safely using correct procedures.
4. Focal point for any out of hours engineering issues.
5. Ensures maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the plant.
6. Works alongside other functions as necessary, assist with supervision of contractors.
7. Carry out fault diagnosis and rectify as required.
8. Be pro-active and creative in problem solving and initiative.
9. Conduct plant inspections and area safety inspections.
10. Ensure that all reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System is effective and followed through to completion promptly.
11. Broaden experience by covering the Maintenance Engineers duties if required.
12. Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner in line with the plant procedures.
13. Carry out risk assessments to ensure activities are completed in a safe manner at all times.
14. Work as part of a team striving for continual improvement in minimising environmental Health & Safety risks.
15. Maintain a clean and tidy workplace.
16. Able to work unsupervised (Including lone working at times) using own initiative.
17. Identification and resolution of problems, escalation to management in a timely fashion.
18. Regular use of computer software (CMMs, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc).
19. Ability to work to tight time schedules.
20. This position will require response to plant and equipment breakdowns both during normal working hours and outside of normal working hours.
The Successful Applicant
Understanding of Environmental and H&S issues and their impacts, training will be given.
Solid understanding of Engineering processes and equipment within the Waste Environment
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels, both verbally and written.
Ability to work without supervision.
Able to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
Ability to co-ordinate work activities including contractors.
Experience in engineering of process industry or power plants.
Experience working with Computerised Maintenance Management systems.
Experience in working with Safe Systems of Work (PTW), Training will be given.
Possess appropriate technical qualifications City & Guilds / NVQ (or equivalent) including a recognised
Formal H&S qualifications.
Full, clean driving licence.
What's on Offer
Excellent Benefits package including
Enhanced pension scheme where we match up to 7% of your earnings, depending on how much you put in.
Free eye tests and safety eyewear where needed
Cinema and Retail discounts across stores, hotels and holidays.
Discounted gym memberships
Cycle to Work scheme
To protect your wellbeing, we also have a 24/7 employee helpline offering emotional support and advice.