Maintenance Team Leader
Maintenance Team Leader position based North Sheffield on Shifts.
Excellent opportunity within a large manufacturing organisation.
About Our Client
Based in North Sheffield, this Maintenance Team Leader position will be commutable form Rotherham, Barnsley and surrounding areas. My client in which you will be fully employed with supply products worldwide and are renowned for the customer service and quality of products delivered.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager as the Maintenance Team Leader this will be a challenging, yet interesting and rewarding position. You will be based at the manufacturing and production plant in North Sheffield with the responsibility of managing and leading a team of; Maintenance Fitters, Electrical Engineering.
- To be a hands on member of the maintenance team providing leadership and motivation.
- Responsible for identifying and prioritising pro-active and reactive maintenance tasks on a daily basis.
- Leadership of multi-skilled Engineering team including delegation of work and monitoring individuals and team performance.
- Drive daily performance and objectives.
- Maintaining PPM adherence.
- Maintaining monitoring systems.
- Leading shift and departmental projects.
- Completing personal objectives in line with business requirements.
- Various financial and legal conditions, level and impact of decisions the occupant needs to make.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Lead the shift on day to day maintenance activity maintaining machine availability.
- To co-ordinate the work load and maintain planned work including PPM and improvement work.
- Liaise with Engineering Manager regarding Continuous Improvement and long term projects.
- Provide hands on support for shift teams.
- Coach and Mentor maintenance Engineers to develop succession planning
- Identify training requirements of maintenance team
- Mentor Apprentices within the maintenance department
The Successful Applicant
KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION REQUIRED
- ONC qualified or equivalent
- Time served engineer with a strong technical knowledge in heavy Manufacturing
- Knowledge of modern Maintenance techniques, Lean Manufacturing and other CI Techniques
- Flexible and motivational behaviours
- Previous experience of leading a team
What's on Offer
The salary for this position is £35,000 to £45,000. You will be based on a 4 on 4 off rotating nights and days shift pattern.