Maintenance Technician position for a leading Automotive business in Sheffield.
This is a shift position and my client is looking for mechanical bias engineers.
About Our Client
My client based in Sheffield is the UK subsidiary of a major European brand and the leader in its sector of the manufacture of Automotive products. They have a range of customers including major OEM's worldwide and from their purpose-built plant located in South Yorkshire, the company supplies automotive components to manufacturers all over the world. They are now looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician.
As the Maintenance Technician you will report directly into the Senior Engineer based at the purpose-built plant located is Sheffield. You will work on a Shift pattern and this is an excellent opportunity to gain European exposure and experience, which is attractive to any career-minded engineer.
- General assembly & machining techniques; proficient with most/all machines within area of work. Report machine faults.
- Use relevant measuring equipment. Read engineering drawings.
- Ability to work/carry out repairs unsupervised; demonstrate can work unsupervised.
- Learn new systems installed and comply with continuous improvements; take on new responsibilities.
- Work to Company procedures and policies and Quality performance.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the position of Maintenance Technician, based in Sheffield for a leading Automotive business you will:
Ideally you will have:
- Background within medium/high volume manufacturing/engineering environment
- Professional experience 3-5 years minimum
- Time served Mechanical Engineer; HNC (desirable)
- Highly experienced in working under own initiative, demonstrating an ability to set & meet personal targets, combined with the flexibility to adjust to workload priorities to take account of new deadlines.
- Interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to customer service.
- IT knowledge, including e-mail, Word, Excel, and SAP desirable.
- A flexible approach to work, along with the ability to work as part of a team.
What's on Offer
Salary - Very Competitive.