Major Incident Analyst (IT Operations Centre)
Opportunity to join a 2 year transformation programme
One of the worlds largest financial services organisations
About Our Client
One of the world's largest insurance and investment management organisations, with worldwide assets under management of £1 trillion.
The Major Incident Analyst role in the IT Operations Centre is accountable for supporting the IT Operations Centre Lead to ensure that the IT Ops Centre delivers on Group IT's service and availability level obligations. This role is ITIL process aligned and will provide an escalation point for the Service Managers regarding IT Ops Centre performance, Change, Critical Incidents and vendor performance / response.
The role will assist in the recovery of any major system failures working with the IT Ops Centre and the service towers. This role will have day to day responsibility supporting the IT Operations Centre Lead in the delivery the services and liaising across the functions in Group IT to resolve service issues and for ensuring that the service towers are owning, responding and adhering to the ITIL aligned processes.
- Supporting the IT Operations Centre Lead in the management and relationship building with the Service Desk and Operations Centre suppliers, collaborating with the L&G Technical and Customer Experience teams to ensure the provision of high-quality services to our customers
- Supporting the IT Operations Centre Lead in all aspects of Major incidents, including the convening of the Major Incident Team and the verification of resolution of Major Incidents with the Business Units Liaising with resolver groups and other tower suppliers to ensure that incidents are managed and resolved within the SLAs. On call within a team on a rotating basis to provide 24x7 escalation support and major incident management
- Supporting the IT Operations Centre Lead in liaising with and relationship building with the vendors delivering the day to day service to ensure that all cooperate with each other Participate in relevant communities to drive continuous improvement in the firms technology capabilities
- Supporting the IT Operations Centre Lead in conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) when Major incidents (P1 & 2) have occurred. Working with the Performance Management team, trends and thematics will be identified and discussed with service towers / business customers via the Customer Experience team. This role will attend CABs, CCB and Emergency CABs.
- Responsible for contributing to capacity, availability, problem management, change management and knowledge management activities within the team, and undertaking Continual Service Improvements as a day to day activity.
- Actively identify risks, ensure they are appropriately logged and tracked at the appropriate forums, and take appropriate action to mitigate or resolve.
The Successful Applicant
- IT Infrastructure, including understanding of associated technologies and architectures.
- Key experience of IT Service Management
- Good knowledge of ITIL (ITIL Foundation Certificate or ITIL Managers Certificate preferred).
- Understanding of data capture, reporting frameworks and tools
- Knowledge of IT outsourcing activities in a managed services environment
- Communicating complex multi-faceted data and sensitive information to business users, senior stakeholders, suppliers and the wider user community in simple to understand reports
- Good knowledge of ITSM tools (ideally ServiceNow)
- Strong senior level stakeholder engagement stakeholder (internally and third-parties)
- Proactive and forward-thinking, while driving continuous improvement
- Looking to work in a greenfield IT for IT estate, where digital and user experience is at the centre of the business strategy
What's on Offer
Permanent role, Hove based
Paying from £40,000 - 47,000 base salary + Excellent Bonus + Competitive Benefits