Fantastic opportunity within a fast growing, PE backed business
Company sales have doubled in the last 2 years
About Our Client
Lintbells has been making premium quality, natural supplements since 2006 and their every day mission is to make sure that pets enjoy an active life, for life.
They are the experts in dog mobility with the UK's No.1 joint supplement YuMOVE treating over 1 million dogs a day.
Lintbells are notoriously ambitious and operate a fast-paced business. Their track record demonstrates that over the last 3 years to December 2019 sales have doubled and in 2020, despite COVID19, sales have continued to grow at over 40% p.a. They are on a journey to be the most trusted dog mobility brand in the world, that takes focus, dedication.
Key responsibilities for the Management Accountant:
- Prepares with the Finance Director the monthly management accounts, investor reports, financial KPI, commentary and analysis.
- Assist with preparing the annual statutory financial accounts, UK corporation tax returns and Companies House filings.
- Prepare and submit the UK and NL quarterly VAT returns.
- Assists with the preparation of supplementary information and analysis for the monthly Board pack.
- Maintain records of prepayments, accruals and provisions.
- Prepare with the Finance Director the annual budget, updated forecasts and analysis of results.
- Develop and maintain detailed cash flow and foreign exchange forecasts, supporting the Finance Director in managing borrowings and hedging foreign exchange exposures.
- Prepare regular analysis of sales and margins by product, brand and channel.
- Analyse various costs, particularly product costs against standard costs and marketing expenditure.
- Responsible for maintaining the marketing and sales rebate tracker, reconciling them to monthly management account and holding regular meeting with the marketing leads to finalise marketing spend.
- To manage and report the fixed asset acquisitions against the capex budget.
- Assisting with the smooth running of the finance departments day-to-day functions, including covering other finance duties when other team members are absent.
- Manage the external statutory Audit process and assist with any Tax or VAT audits.
- Undertake additional ad hoc duties/ projects as and when required.
The Successful Applicant
This role is suitable for someone either currently in practice or already in industry. The successful Management Accountant:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Experience of working for or with SMEs
- Excellent Excel knowledge and experience.
- Successful track record in a financial career with a strong commercial focus and progression.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to write and present clear and concise reports.
- A curious growth-mindset, always exploring new ways to push the boundaries and improve
- High attention to detail
- Outstanding planning and time management skills and able to prioritise workload
- A team player - they're a close-knit team!
- Energy, enthusiasm and a genuine love for pets
What's on Offer
The successful Management Accountant will receive a salary between £48,000 to £55,000 plus additional benefits.
The role will be based from home until lockdown is over, after which there will be flexibility to work from home between 2-3 days a week.
- Performance-related bonus up to 10%
- Perkbox Membership
- Pension (4% matched contribution)
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave with option to buy more days