This is a brand new role in a growing North East organisation
Candidate must be a Qualified accountant with extensive reporting experience
About Our Client
Our client is a well known global organisation that has a diverse portfolio within the Energy sector.
- Operate financial reporting processes, this includes monthly reporting, formal forecasts, medium-term plan and investment survey.
- The provision of external audit requirements to quality and time and identification and delivery of improvements in this process.
- Ensuring accounting policies are successfully implemented and operating effectively
- Production and provision of management information by liaising with the Business Partnering teams for forecast information and Financial Reporting & Planning team for actual performance.
- Operate the Financial Planning and Analysis tools to integrate the forecast financial information with existing actual system data to provide the Financial Reporting & Planning team with the required inputs for the reporting systems (SAP and BOFC)
- Leading in the delivery of monthly and quarterly reporting, formal forecasts and medium-term plans. These are for external investors
- Production of internal management reporting comprising actuals, budget and forecasts and key financial and operational KPI's
- Liaising with other specialists such as the tax department, treasury department, hedging department to ensure compliance
- Lead in the identification and implementation of opportunities for continuous development of processes and information to meet changing customer needs.
- Lead on the delivery of documentation on the key processes.
- Take a key role in the planning of team activities
The Successful Applicant
- Accounting qualification (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA) or studying towards accounting qualification.
- Knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS, experience of preparing statutory accounts
- Knowledge of accounting policies, processes and systems and the confidence to apply them to practical examples is essential.
- Committed to continuous improvement and development of skills and knowledge
- Have a commercial mindset - understand and get to grips with the nature of the business and provide the link between that financial result and forecast
What's on Offer
Highly competitive basic salary and package.