- My client are a growing private equity backed business based in Leeds.
- Newly created role to support the growth of the business.
About Our Client
My client are a private equity backed business based in Leeds. They are the largest UK operator within their field and are currently gearing up for further growth in 2021.
The role demands a confident and skilled qualified accountant. Excellent, professional, communication and analytical skills are essential ensuring a proactive rather than reactive approach.
Day to day:
- To work with other teams in finance and non-finance functions to ensure the regular production and analysis of accurate and timely financial and analytical reporting.
- early termination and end of contract settlements
- completion of month end processes and timetable working with suppliers of information to ensure deadlines are met; includes liaison with the Management Accounts team on the reporting & analysis of the above activities and its impact on margin performance to ensure it is accurate and complete.
- reporting, analysis and explanation of performance against Plan and Forecasts, ensuring explanations and supporting analysis is accurate and controlled and that any interlinked variances are consistent.
- highlighting any issues impacting on cashflow, in particular, the position on unfunded vehicles.
- Maintenance of an appropriate control schedule for all balance sheet reconciliations which can be used as audit evidence, ensuring:
- all accounts are reconciled and reviewed on a regular basis (in line with the agreed schedule);
- reconciliations are clear (in agreed format) and accurate;
- all reconciling items are clearly identified, aged and resolved in a timely manner; and
- any risks or opportunities are highlighted to the Group FC.
- Assist with the preparation of the budget and forecast feeding in any assumptions, issues and/or opportunities to ensure that unnecessary variances are minimised.
- Assist the Funding & Treasury Manager and Senior Management Accountant with preparation of the Investor and Funder reports, cash monitoring, swap settlements, hedge accounting at year end, production of the Limited accounts, and in providing required information and analysis.
- Ensuring all accounting and other policies and practices are adhered to, to allow for clear, easy and simple evidence to all interested 3rd parties. Liaison with the external auditors and tax advisors providing analysis and explanations as required. To ensure technical skills are kept up to date and to ensure professional development requirements of professional body are met.
- To work closely with the Pricing and Risk team to ensure that accurate interest rates are maintained in the systems to enable robust pricing of vehicles by the commercial teams.
- Other ad hoc tasks which may be required to cover for sickness or holidays in other areas of the business.
The Successful Applicant
What you'll need to be successful:
- Newly qualified (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Strong 'can-do' attitude
- Flexible approach to workload to cater for business priorities
- Highly numerate
- Ability to identify risks and escalate accordingly
- Strong IT capabilities
What's on Offer
On top of a competitive salary, my client offers the following:
- Car Allowance
- Bonus Scheme
- WFH Flexibility (post COVID)
- Buy or sell holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme including childcare vouchers, private health care & discounted gym membership
- On-site benefits in brand new offices