- Do you want to work with one of the world's leading independent book publishers?
- Are you a self-motivated and commercially minded Management Accountant?
About Our Client
My client is one of the world's leading independent book publishers, and they are the largest and most successful independent children's book publisher in the UK.
Named Children's Publisher of the Year in 2020, my client has been publishing brilliant books for children of all ages for nearly 50 years.
There are over 3,000 of my client's books in print, from books for babies to young adult novels, and they publish around 30 new books every month.
Key Responsibilities as Management Accountant:
- Perform and review balance sheet reconciliations
- Complete financial reporting pack
- Development of the monthly management pack and KPI's
- Stock, trend, and margin analysis
- Perform audits of departments within the organisation
- Liaise with auditors and other external reporting authorities
- Assist with annual budget preparation
The Successful Applicant
Reporting to the Financial Director, the successful Management Accountant will be:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (a practice trained background is preferable)
- Experience of dealing with SME's, alongside international and group companies
- Knowledge of the publishing industry, alongside familiarity in stock, royalties and bonuses would be advantageous
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Have the ability to independently and creatively to problem-solve and apply strategic thinking to complex financial policies, processes and problems
What's on Offer
- A salary of £55-60k
- 25 days paid holiday entitlement
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Hybrid working
- Enhanced Family leave benefits
- Employee Assistance and Rewards Programme
- 50% Discount on Company Books