Manager- Capital Markets
Working for a leading FTSE business
Based in Central London
About Our Client
This role supports the delivery of the group's global long-term debt issuance strategy through the execution of long-term funding solutions, to ensure they meets its long-term funding requirements cost-effectively and drives value for the group. Support in the management of the company's debt to market risks (interest rates, foreign exchange, inflation) to drive out performance for the group.
Further responsibilities of the Manager- Capital Markets include:
- Successfully execute the Group's strategy to raise cash; identifying opportunities, providing financial modelling, and executing transactions to ensure funding and investment requirements are met cost-effectively and within appropriate risk levels for the group.
- Manage and monitor the financial risk exposures of the Group (including re-financing, liquidity, interest rate, foreign exchange and inflation risk) and contribute to the execution of the Group's risk management strategy for long-term debt. Develop financial models, decision making frameworks, present risk analysis, and recommendations for trades to senior management.
- Lead on the valuation of financial instruments and provide analysis to senior management to assess the value of potential transactions and the effectiveness of existing strategies. Ensure that financial instruments are accurately priced and identify and quantify any deficiencies in the Group's models, providing supporting information when required to Financial Control and the Group's auditors, to ensure financial instruments are accurately reflected in the Group's financial statements.
- Contribute ideas to enhance cost effectiveness and value creation for the Group.
- Raise long term debt and manage interest rates and foreign exchange risk on long term debt.
- Monitor and understand global financial markets and the banking environment and suggest opportunities for transactions to raise funds, and manage financial risks, analysing and taking into consideration the impact of tax, accounting, legal and regulatory requirements.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Manager- Capital Markets position you require:
- Proven track record of maintaining excellent business relationships with for example banks, auditors, external lawyers and business leaders.
- Keen interest in financial markets and the economy. Strong understanding of how macro-economic data will affect treasury transactions. Know how to adapt execution strategy and recommendations to changing circumstances, both external and internal.
- Strong financial mathematical modelling skills along with a thorough understanding and intuitive feel of the drivers of pricing for financial instruments.
- Experience of providing solutions on how financing structures should be analysed, and how financial instruments should be valued.
- Experience in executing bond issues from mandating to closing the transaction.
What's on Offer
The package on offer is c. £50,000- £70,000 plus benefits.