- opportunity to set direction and strategy in a logistics function
- work as part of a leadership team driving business change and CI
About Our Client
A leading business who distribute renowned branded product throughout the UK
The distribution and logistics manager will assume responsibility for all transport and logistics operations with responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, and improvement/development of a logistics strategy and its alignment with both the site and group goals.
Driving continuous improvement and process innovation culture within the site supply chain team, interfacing with the site senior management teams and group functions to deliver business improvement initiatives.
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of performance and development across the core areas of safety, quality, service and cost
- continually striving to optimise internal and external relationships and cost areas
- Increase both customer service level and materials delivered to site service level performance
- Monitor, measure and report on issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
- Implement cost to serve model for all outbound deliveries with plans to make reductions YOY
- Health & Safety and Continuous Improvement
- Leadership including organisational design, employee engagement, people management and leadership development, labour costs, training and development
- Delivery of legislative and customer specific standards
- Budget and forecast preparation, management and control, seeking to deliver YOY spend and benefit improvements
The Successful Applicant
A self-motivated leader with a passion for excellence who can enthuse, motivate and inspire others. You will be able to demonstrate tenacity and resilience when facing challenging situations. A proven track record in Supply Chain Management at a strategic and operational level with evidence of implementing and leading a Continuous Improvement based culture within a 3pl Logistics environment.
- Previous experience of site lead of a 3PL site or similar with demonstrable evidence of success
- Experience gained in a fast moving, food supply chain and in dealing with the UK multiples
- Broad business understanding and high degree of commercial acumen coupled with an in-depth appreciation of the linkages between Customers, Purchasing, Sales / marketing, NPD and Operations.
- Highly developed planning skills, ability to project and event plan in detail
- Relevant qualification in Supply Chain/Logistics or Equivalent Experience
- Strong knowledge of business ERP systems
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary and benefits