Manager, Economic Regulation
Manager, Economic Regulation with a global professional services firm in London
Economic regulation, economics, policy
About Our Client
A global professional services firm.
I am recruiting for a Manager, Economic Regulation with a global professional services firm in London. You will:
- You would be joining the leading provider of strategic economic consultancy services in the water sector.
- While you will have specific responsibilities for contributing towards the team's water business, there will also be opportunities to work in other sectors, primarily energy networks.
- Working closely with sector and subject matter experts you will develop to become the 'go to' person for water economic advice. This will involve developing an in-depth understanding of Ofwat's regulatory framework
- You will build relationships with key clients across the sector, as well as with other advisors (e.g. legal and engineering).
- The projects that you will advise on will be high profile and varied. For example, in recent years we have advised on the regulatory framework for the Thames Tideway Tunnel, every aspect of water companies' business plans, bulk supply trading negotiations, Competition and Markets Authority re-determinations, major transactions, organisational transformations, and much more. If there is a large strategic project taking place in the sector, the chances are we will be advising on it.
There is no 'typical project'. You will need to apply a structured strategic approach to problem solving, drawing on established economic principles, while having the capacity to think creatively.
The Successful Applicant
- We are looking for someone who is passionate to learn and develop in the sector, while taking responsibility for the quality of deliverables produced.
- You will have experience in the utilities sector, in the industry, at a regulator, or as a consultant ideally with water sector experience.
- You will have knowledge either of the regulatory frameworks for utility companies, micro-economics, or finance (ideally all three).
- You will bring excellent report writing, Excel and PowerPoint skills-strong writing and quantitative skills are a must.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £75,000 PA DOE plus excellent benefits