Manager - External Audit
Big 4 Accountancy Firm
Excellent Progression Opportunities
About Our Client
Our client's Northern Audit practice is a powerhouse of UK regional offices including Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast. Together they service clients of all sizes, in a diverse range of sectors, delivering high quality External Audits and Audit related services. Understanding their clients needs and the risks they face is at the heart of what they do and is key to performing high quality audits.
Our client's Audit practice is growing rapidly and they have a number of opportunities for passionate people who are keen on shaping the future of Audit. A career with our client will ensure you have exposure to an unparalleled breadth of client exposure, the very best technology and fantastic opportunities for career development.
The Newcastle practice has been serving clients in the North East since 1912. They are proud of their local links with the wider community and support a number of public and private sector organisations. Key industries within the North East include the government and public sector, the energy sector - oil, gas and emerging industries such as offshore wind and solar panels- as well as strong digital, engineering and manufacturing sectors.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The Successful Applicant
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Be a Manager already
- Be a Chartered Accountant / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required
What's on Offer
Our client's core financial package includes your base salary and core benefits plus (where applicable) our discretionary bonus plan. You will also receive a benefits allowance at Manager level.