Manager/Senior Manager - Funds Tax - EDI/GLA
Big 4 accountancy firm
Great career progression
About Our Client
Our client offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Their approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help their clients excel anywhere in the world.
Our client works with the world's leading investment managers across both the traditional and alternative space, offering you the opportunity to expand and develop your own knowledge and skill set by working with large asset managers, hedge funds, large institutional investors, and custodians. Being a trusted advisor and building long term relationships with such clients is key to being successful in this sector. By working closely with Partners, Directors and Associate Directors in the group it will allow you to develop and learn how to build such relationships whilst enhancing your own personal portfolio and networks.
Our client has a team of 35 well-established tax specialists who work exclusively with investment managers. The team works closely with colleagues in UK Audit, Regulatory and Consulting together with teams across 75 countries that are within the global investment management network. This enables our client to provide their clients with comprehensive compliance and advisory services. They support their clients with the development of products and advise on fund tax structuring together with ensuring they meet all reporting, filing and regulatory obligations with the relevant authorities.
You will be required to undertake a comprehensive list of duties relating to investor reporting. The different projects that you will be managing will ensure that you are challenged on a daily basis.
- take the lead on delivering key parts of client services
- use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for clients
- own or manage key elements of a client relationship
- proactively identify tax issues for your clients
- pursue new business development opportunities by utilising your networks and market knowledge
You will be a confident team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise with others, as well as continuing to build your own technical expertise or specialism.
- own a portfolio of clients
- steer client services
- deliver high quality reporting to your clients by bringing together multi-disciplinary teams to tackle some of the multi-jurisdictional client reporting engagements
- develop relationships with your clients
- actively contribute to the eminence of the practice by external knowledge sharing
- invest time in business development.
You will be a role model to others and participate in an inclusive environment of team working where team members feel supported. You will also be supported in deepening your own technical specialism, widening your cross service line and industry or market knowledge, and continuing to develop your skills
Key accountabilities include:
- Ownership and development of existing client relationships, including cultivation of relationships based on referrals from other parts of the UK and global business.
- Support senior team members in delivery of a range of compliance and related advisory services to clients, in addition to developing the technical and operational skill set of junior team members.
Work would include:
- Completion of investor reporting
- Advice to UK and international clients on investor reporting issues arising from new funds and/or restructuring of existing ranges
- Ad hoc advisory projects in relation to investor reporting
- Pro-actively ensure that all relevant risk procedures are adhered to on engagements, in addition to taking financial responsibility for engagements.
- Input to client events on both an account and wider team level basis.
The Successful Applicant
- UK investor reporting experience gained from an in house role within a financial institution or from an accountancy/legal/advisory firm
- Knowledge of typical fund structures and the investor reporting implications associated
- The desire and motivation to advance your career in financial services
- The ability to manage a portfolio of clients and projects as well as managing junior staff
- The ability to work closely with clients, applying practical and commercial concepts to technical work
- The ability to work in a team
- Strong communication and written skills
- The desire to be challenged and stretched
- CA/CTA qualification desirable but not required, similarly a working knowledge of reporting requirements in other key jurisdictions (e.g. Austria, Germany, Switzerland, US)
What's on Offer
Excellent salary + benefits