Manager/Senior Manager - Indirect Tax
Big 4 accountancy firm
Great career progression
About Our Client
Our client offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Their approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help their clients excel anywhere in the world.
The team is regarded within the firm as one of the leading and most successful service lines, with a reputation for being proactive, entrepreneurial, successful and fun to work with. Employees are rewarded on merit and not time served.
Working for our client will present you with the opportunity to get involved with high profile clients and expand your horizons.
The Indirect Tax group works with clients across a number of industries including Financial Services, Real Estate, Public Sector, Consumer Business, Energy and Technology, Media and Telecoms. Working in the advisory team you will get exposure to a variety of projects including multi-million pound property transactions, international supply chain structuring, corporate transactions and advising around the impact of topical developments such as Brexit and Making Tax Digital for VAT.
Keeping abreast of all relevant Indirect Tax issues and developments that clients are most concerned with, the team is also frequently dealing with HM Treasury and HM Revenue & Customs, acting on behalf of clients and in the course of consultations. Consistent with its clients' operations, the work is often global in nature and provides the chance to broaden knowledge and interact with a global network.
- Assisting with deepening relationships with target accounts, contributing to winning new work
- Working on existing client engagements, regularly reporting direct to a director or partner
- Assisting with developing less experienced staff with hands on advice and support
- Input into development of new market opportunities locally, nationally and internationally with an opportunity to lead the market development of the new ideas
- Contributing to enhancement of relationships with all targets and clients
- Working closely with colleagues in other parts of the firm
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; having a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
The Successful Applicant
- CTA or equivalent qualification
- At least 2 years VAT experience either in practice, industry or with HMRC
- Excellent client facing, relationship building and business development skills, coupled with commercial awareness
- The ability to be proactive, identify opportunities and take early responsibility
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + benefits