Managing Director - eCommerce
Privately owned fast growing eCommerce business
Branded consumer products with fast scope for progression
About Our Client
Our client has a portfolio of proven and new consumer products that are innovative, high quality and delivered at affordable price points. The business is proud of its personal customer contacts and agility to meet their needs and launch new products. They have experienced rapid growth so far and are looking to build on this experience and track record.
The Managing Director with have the full P & L, commercial and operational leadership role for the business based in the North West, England. The Managing Director will be responsible for maintaining and developing sales of the existing product portfolio and expand the products, services and ventures to expand markets, revenue and profitability.
You will also have the drive, energy, motivation and ability to to take the business to the next level while building on an entrepreneurial, autonomous and empowering working culture.
Duties will include;
- Leadership of the business with full P & L, business planning and budgetary responsibility for all operation and commercials, ensuring optimum performance, and that financial, commercial and operational excellence is achieved.
- Provide strategic advice to the business owners so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company's future
- Prepare and implement comprehensive sales plans
- Ensuring the smooth running of the business and that the business reputation within the market is maintained and enhance
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders and business partners
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of managers providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
The Successful Applicant
The successful Managing Director will have a highly successful track record in general management in an e-commerce setting with demonstrable ability of growing a business.
Additional they will have;
- Proven track record in e-commerce sales with a track record of delivering profitable growth from markets where service levels are a key differentiator.
- Experience of selling a consumer/FMCG brand via an ecommerce platform
- New product/market development - the ability to identify and appraise new opportunities and lead the development phase to successful market launch.
- A proven relationship manager and builder with key commercial partners across the entire supply chain.
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong commercial acumen and supporting successful background
- Possess a sharp mind and be capable of promoting and leading change and not be afraid to step out of the comfort zone.
- Have strong interpersonal skills especially in communication
- Be able to develop empowerment and initiative
- Demonstrate dynamism, energy and enthusiasm
- Tenacity to drive matters to a conclusion
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and be hands-on
This role is office based in the North West of England
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary
Performance related bonus