East Midlands manufacturing business
About Our Client
Operationally responsible for circa 100 people, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Director to develop a world class facility. We are looking for a professional with a proven track record of manufacturing excellence, lean manufacturing, assembly process efficiency, establishing manufacturing KPI's, establishing teams, process flow definition through assembly lines and manufacturing cells.
As the Manufacturing Director your principal responsibilities within the Executive Management Team
- To devise and implement strategic plans across the manufacturing operation to achieve organisation targets.
- Manage and develop Production Management and other technical staff to achieve business plan aspirations for growth, quality, and customer service.
- Lead, through your team the successful introduction of new products in support of strategic plans for growth.
- Ensure the Quality System is rigorously upheld with effective Corrective Actions and Process Improvements, working towards zero non-conformance.
- Recruit, train and direct responsible staff according to company procedures, policy and relevant legislation.
- Assist the creation and maintenance of "intimate" customer relations through the delivery of market leading technical advice and service support.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have significant experience in a senior leadership/management role at a manufacturing facilityincluding experience/strong understanding of:
- budgeting/expense management with an understanding of financial and accounting practices.
- implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transnational Lean, etc. to drive improvement.
- experience/broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies.
- strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills. The ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills
- the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering. World class manufacturing and other business improvement techniques
- results driven culture
- project & change management systems
High level of PC literacy, able to organise, plan and innovate, exemplary presentation skills
Ability to communicate with and influence both up, across and down the organisation, with a strong ability to be adaptable and flexible.
What's on Offer
Salary commensurate with the position and the medium term potential for equity participation.