Manufacturing Engineer in West Sussex.
Drive process improvement activities to support growth.
About Our Client
My client is West Sussex is a market leading design and manufacturing business of low volume, high value specialist products looking for a Manufacturing Engineer.
The Manufacturing Engineer will develop and design manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures in order to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality. They will also participate in the introduction of new products into the manufacturing environment.
- Define and implement production BOM's and processes to support manufacturing requirements.
- Troubleshoots technical issues to root cause in production or in returned product in conjunction with manufacturing and quality staff.
- Trends and analyses production data as appropriate.
- Creates and maintains manufacturing methods.
- Leads the transfer of processes, process improvements, and products from development to production.
- Author's technical reports supporting development transfers, production problems, and process analysis/trending.
- As required, assists in the planning and execution of product reliabilities activities.
- May be asked to support additional projects in development as appropriate.
- Trains and certifies manufacturing technicians in the production.
- Facilitates engineering changes both in technical supporting information as well as managing their full implementation internally, including work instructions, check sheets and test documentation.
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge in a similar Manufacturing Engineer role.
- HNC or ONC in an Engineering or Scientific discipline and/or suitable work experience would be desirable but is not essential.
- Six Sigma Black or Green belt desirable.
- LEAN practitioner.
- Good working knowledge of LEAN / 6 sigma tools.
- Extensive knowledge of assembly processes including UHV and high voltage systems within in a high Tech / low volume manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge in all modern problem solving techniques.
- Have a working knowledge of Agile, Navision, Minitab, Excel, Word, CAD and MS Project.
- Prior clean-room experience desirable.
What's on Offer
£35,000 - 45,000 + benefits