Join a tier 1 growing dersign & manufacturer wihtin the Aerospace sector
Develop your career significantly in a high peroming operational environment
About Our Client
My client is a design & manufacturer of electronic instruments and devices in Aerospace industry.
The successful candidate for the Manufacturing Engineer role at my client's site in Middlesex will fulfil the following responsibilities -
- Work with manufacturing cell leaders, lean coordinator and design engineering to improve process efficiencies.
- Implement 'Standard work', generating & maintaining manufacturing documentation (SOP's, Routings, "Visual Factory" displays).
- Creation & Maintenance of Routings in the MRP system.
- Implement lean manufacturing methods (e.g. 1-piece flow lines, visual factory) to reduce throughput times, rework/scrap and work in progress.
- Implement basic improvement tools, from 5S, 7 Wastes, Visual Management and Standardised Work balanced assembly lines where single (best) piece flow philosophies are employed.
- Implement any required layout changes, ensuring both the facilities and maintenance teams are fully involved.
- Support the Manufacturing Cells with their recording, and analysis of production data, and ensure the correct focus is placed on the main issues arising.
- Assist in establishing product cycle times and monitor actual performance against the standard with the key intent of reducing manufacturing labour content on those products identified by the Director of Operations.
- Initiate and / or lead improvement projects and CAPEX to enable new process and product introductions.
- Work with Engineering on product documentation modifications and parts obsolescence.
- Provide day-to-day manufacturing engineering support for the production cells to enable customer schedule adherence (Fracas/concessions, change notes or MRB (material review board).
- Leading (suggest changes to and support engineering) and working to ensure the most cost effective manufacturing process flows are defined when introducing new products into operations.
- Lead and work in teams to develop process FMEA, in their construction and implementation.
- Manage new product introductions and the manufacture of legacy products from release to production through the product life cycle.
- Mentor for cell leaders for improved methods of manufacturing assembly and test.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Manufacturing Engineer role at my client's site in Middlesex the candidate must provide evidence of the following -
- Proven track record of working in a Manufacturing / Production / Process Engineer role with processes that include Mechanical and Electromechanical assembly.
- A track record of working with NPI and existing products.
- Proven record of successfully implementing Lean in an industrial environment (either as a coordinator or as a leader).
- A proven track record of generating and maintaining process maps, PFMEA's and control plans, with proven knowledge of lean manufacturing principles & problem solving techniques (5 Why's, Fishbone/Ishikawa diagrams, 8D).
- Significant technical & problem solving capability in an electro-mech manufacturing environment.
- Good time management with a significant track record of planning / managing complex long term projects.
- Excellent time management with a significant track record of planning / managing complex long term projects.
- Significant IT skills, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel at Intermediate level.
- A track record of working within an Aerospace Manufacturing environment, Automotive or very closely related / highly regulated industry.
- Methodical/logical approach with proven attention to detail and results orientated with the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Good command of the English language, verbal reasoning and very articulate with the ability to communicate at all levels both externally and internally.
- Theoretical background and a practical track record in process control techniques such as, gauge repeatability and reproducibility, design of experiments and statistical process control.
- Good presentation and communication skills to groups of around 10 people.
- Self-starter and takes ownership with a proactive approach with the ability to work independently, maintaining team communication.
- Handles pressure well, with an open approach to work and a willingness to learn and develop.
What's on Offer
The basic salary is between £34,000 and £38,000 + benefits