Manufacturing Engineer in South London.
Market leading innovative design and manufacturing business.
About Our Client
My client is a market leading innovative design and manufacturing business of complex electromechanical products based in South London.
The Manufacturing Engineer will have the follow responsibilities:
- Provide hands on, day to day, technical support within operational areas as required.
- Provide documentation and work instructions as necessary to support manufacturing activities.
- Prepare and maintain manufacturing processes and documentation undertaking continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain all required processing qualification and standards.
- Provide support to manufacturing management with operational activities.
- Ensure all processing methods are up dated with respect to customer requirements and standards.
- Support processes with correct and appropriate test methods.
- Ensure that products are designed with manufacturability in mind including aspects such as routing and jigging.
- Be the interface between design and manufacture for product or process introduction.
- Assist with non-conformance issue within manufacturing areas.
- Liaise with both internal and external customers.
- Support and maintain a culture that promotes Health and Safety values within the Company.
The Successful Applicant
- Possess a degree/HNC or equivalent in Engineering/Science.
- Understanding of the principles of the operation of complex electromechanical products to perform electrical tests using standard test equipment, and interpret performance parameters.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques including Root Cause analysis.
- Knowledge working as a Production / Manufacturing Engineer within a highly regulated industry.
- Knowledge of electromechanical principles.
- Knowledge of working with engineering documentation including drawings, specifications and work instructions.
- Knowledge of preparing pFMEA's.
- Able to solve problems on-the-go and manage multiple tasks, work to agreed timescales, quality and cost, and make decisions proactively.
- Eligible for UK security clearance.
What's on Offer
£35,000 - £45,000 + Benefits