Manufacturing Engineer with sheet metal fabrication background.
Market leading aerospace business in Hampshire.
About Our Client
My client is a market leading design and manufacturing aerospace business in Hampshire who are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer.
The Manufacturing Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by designing and testing methods, finished- product and process capabilities.
- Provide manufacturing engineering information by liaising with operators' questions and requests.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending development workshops i.e. NPI.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Apprenticeship with in the aerospace industry or degree in engineering discipline.
- Proven Lean implementation and knowledge.
- Knowledge in sheet metal, welding and tool making.
- Substantial knowledge using CAD software, preferably CATIA.
- Able to read and understand drawings
- Familiar with logical Bills of Material structures.
- Familiar with Engineering Change Control.
- Ability to assume responsibility for projects and project judgement with a demonstrable creative and innovative approach
- A hands-on practical engineering background with the proven ability to decipher customer requirements and determine the appropriate methods of manufacture.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus attractive company benefits