FTSE 250 manufacturer
Opportunities for progression and development
About Our Client
While having established themselves as a high-quality provider in their field, they have diversified their customer base across a number of industries to ensure business stability. They possess a strong identity both locally and, more recently, with global customers and are now looking for someone to add to and challenge their manufacturing norms on site to improve processes. Significant growth on high-volume production lines has also led the business to invest in 3 substantial capital equipment projects.
- Developing and improving manufacturing processes alongside quality control measures in order to maximise both qualitative and quantitative output from the plant
- Provide key support to wider engineering teams in delivering high-value capital equipment projects
- Responsible for helping create and design standard operating procedures for manufacturing personnel including all necessary attention to drawing requirements and specifications.
- Identify crucial areas for process improvements and assimilate action teams to implement changes
- Responsible for line support, overcoming any technical issues relating to that area
- Ensure that all safe working practices are fully known to the team and documented, encompassing
- Liaison with suppliers to ensure that their processes meet required standards and that their services are operating at maximum efficiency with regards to quality.
- Ensuring that all safe working practices are operational and documented thoroughly
- NPI from process perspective, including great depth of involvement with PLM to ensure that processes are sustainable.
The Successful Applicant
- Mechanical Engineering qualifications essential - HNC/ HND level minimum
- Ideally have a Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Background working in high-volume manufacturing preferred
- Experience working in Process Engineering guise with any background supporting capital equipment projects preferential
- Excellent problem solving skills, including 5why's, 8D and DMAIC
- Superb communication skills with ability to build relationships with many different internal business functions
What's on Offer
£40k + benefits