Manufacturing Engineer in Surrey.
Market leading Tier 1 Aerospace business.
About Our Client
My client is a market leading design and manufacturing tier 1 aerospace business in Surrey.
The Manufacturing Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Sustain Process Development activity and support review's on all production equipment in terms of suitability/sustainability and detail/drive any subsequent Cap-Ex activity.
- Maintain standard approach to routing (MRP) management, tooling management and ATE management to support sustainment of existing production processes.
- Curate manufacturing documentation to reflect reality & help reduce/eliminate defects through training and knowledge sharing.
- Initiate and support the business in the implementation of CI projects and initiatives including interfacing on other aspects such as Cell design and Cost reduction activities. You are a Continuous Improvement advocate and focal.
- Lead and work in teams to develop PFMEA construction and implementation.
- Establishing product cycle times and monitor actual performance against the standard with the key intent of reducing manufacturing waste.
- Be responsible for your personal development and learning by ensuring an agreed and aligned development plan is in place and executed against to ensure your skill levels & capability levels continue to support the business need.
- Develop, implement and maintain suitable metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of Manufacturing Engineering activity within the production environment.
The Successful Applicant
- Production Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer ideally within an aerospace environment.
- Strong level of education/knowledge in an engineering degree or through time served.
- Knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing processes with joining processes being highly desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken English, able to develop formal reports and presentation documents.
- Real Time Problem Resolution & recognised problem solving techniques.
- Able to generate and maintain process maps, PFMEA's and SPC plans.
- Knowledge of ERP / MRP systems.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits