Manufacturing Engineer in North West London.
Join a market leading design and manufacturing business.
About Our Client
My client is a market leading and rapidly growing design and manufacturing business in North West London.
The Manufacturing Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Undertake continuous improvement projects to improve the efficiency and quality of manufacture.
- Offer technical support and problem-solving skills to production and the shop floor teams.
- Improve the Right First Time KPI and work towards a true zero-defect culture.
- Implement robust process control and be responsible for manufacturing change control.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements, equipment layout and production schedules.
- Provide analytical support by calculating production, labour and material costs; reviewing internal processes vs outsourcing decisions and estimating future requirements.
- Maintain working relationships and establish feedback loops between production engineering, quality control, logistics, design and customer service departments.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of new equipment and technologies.
- Purchase required production equipment.
- Produce Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare technical resources for training purposes.
- Work closely with the in-house Tooling & Equipment department to produce in-house jigs and fixtures, produce requirement specifications, perform validation trials, produce installation plans and train operators.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that defects are minimised, recorded and acted upon. Perform formal Root Cause Analysis reports when necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Manufacturing engineer or Production Engineer in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Technical knowledge of LEAN principles and other manufacturing theories.
- Problem solving knowledge using Root Cause Analysis, DMAIC or other techniques.
- Project management skills and the ability to balance short-term fire-fighting with long term improvement projects.
- Excellent understanding of mechanical and engineering principals.
- A hands-on practical approach, ability to work with tools and machinery if required.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £45,000 + benefits