World leading manufacturer of precision engineering products
About Our Client
A market leading manufacturer of Precision Engineered products. Whilst the business is a global leader, it prides itself on driving innovation and creativity at a site level through autonomy.
- Act as a more senior engineer within the team to offer guidance and support where necessary.
- Work with a team to identify and implement Lean techniques; i.e. single piece flow, process control, error proofing, line balancing, design for manufacturing and setup reduction.
- Ensure up to date Standardized work and Work Instructions are available to all Cells.
- Lead and coordinate problem solving activities, including A3 and 8D, as required involving operators as well as relevant individuals across the site
- Work as part of APQP teams on the manufacturing elements of new product introduction to ensure that all new products are introduced on time and aligned to the company's production strategy
- Support production through the analysis of OEE data
- Take a lead in production CAPEX expenditure projects.
- Creation of New Products/Routings/BOMs in JDE (MRP System) and ensuring all current entries are correct.
- Health, Safety and Environmental duties - all employees have the duty to ensure the health safety and welfare of themselves, others and the environment
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in your application, you will ideally have the following:
- Engineering background
- Good knowledge of Lean Techniques
- New Product Introduction process knowledge
- Experience and understanding of quality tools - FMEA, Control Plans, SPC
What's on Offer
salary will be discussed and agreed based on experience. There may be some flexibility on the above.
You will be joining a business that offers job security; career progression and dynamic working.