Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Manufacturing Engineering Manager vacancy in Sheffield.
This is a great company to work for who are going through current growth.
About Our Client
Located in Sheffield this position of Manufacturing Engineer is with a leading manufacturer who are looking to recruit due to growth. Employing over 150 staff my client supply products worldwide and are classed as one of the leaders in their field. This position will be based at one site with limited travel required.
As the Manufacturing Engineering Manager you will report directly into the Operation Manager at the Sheffield site and will be responsible for providing engineering capability to ensure that new products and processes are introduced in an effective and timely manner to cost and timescale targets. You will also ensure effective business operation through the identification and implementation of best practice and new technologies. You will also manage a team of 5 engineers.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager duties will include:
- To manage new product introduction from contract review through to successful FAIR and effective transition into production.
- Create detailed manufacturing launch plans.
- Creation, amendment and control of Partsmasters, bill of materials and routings within EFACS system.
- Identify requirements for Tooling, Data Cards, Manufacturing, Stage Drawings, CNC Programs, CMM Programs, Technique Sheets etc.
- Lead Engineering Change and Document Control.
- Support the sales department in the acquisition of new business.
- Conduct health and safety risk assessments.
The Successful Applicant
We are very keen to speak to Manufacturing Engineering Managers with the following skills and experience, located in or around the Sheffield area:
- Qualified to HNC level or above in a Manufacturing or Production Engineering discipline.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Tool design.
- Experience within aerospace industry.
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading and innovative team. As the Manufacturing Engineering Manager you will earn a salary of £35,000-£45,000.