Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Huge scope for progression
Manufacturing Engineering Manager will become Engineering Directors Successor
About Our Client
The Derby based manufacturing business provides manufacturing overhauls and repairs for a variety of industries. They work alongside manufactures and operators and endeavour to provide high quality products with the most advanced manufacturing techniques and solutions. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager would report directly in to the Engineering Director while managing a team of Engineers.
The key responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineering Manager at the Derby site are:
- Control, develop and improve a planned preventative maintenance.
- Provide high operational availability, and an efficient breakdown repair service.
- Diagnosis running faults and ensuring effective repairs and improvements are conducted within minimum time scale.
- Ensure productivity and availability exceeds minimum defined standards, whilst driving best practice and continuous improvement in cost control and processing operations.
- To liaise with external contractors on specific repairs/maintenance work in accordance with Group procedures.
- Lead CAPEX projects and major installation/improvement works.
- Control plant maintenance, spares and consumable costs in line with budget, ensuring critical stock levels are maintained.
- Manage shift handovers to ensure effective communication of works orders and priorities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Manufacturing Engineering Manager, for the Derby business would meet the following criteria:
- Degree qualified, or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 year's experience in Aerospace or Turbine industry
- 3-5 year's experience within Engineering Manager
- Experience with PLC controlled equipment, variable speed drives, low voltage equipment, instrumentation
- Budgets and cost control
- Proven track record of working to clearly defined KPI's
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, apply for more information.