Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Manufacturing Engineering Manager in West Sussex.
Opportunity to drive the industrialisation process and support business growth.
About Our Client
My client is an innovative design and manufacturing business in West Sussex looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure delivery promises are maintained by suppliers for production related equipment.
- Manage DFX working closely with Design.
- Manage Manufacturing Engineering through process development.
- Manage production process development with full documentation support.
- Manage the production process and associated quality metrics.
- Review MQCP and ensure process compliance.
- Ensure process maintains ISO9001 compliance and deploy measures to support further development.
- Work with the Programme Team to communicate and improve as required delivery dates for project phases.
- Work with Design to ensure timely design release.
- Review and approve the Manufacturing Strategy document.
- Develop deliverables to a robust and cost effective end to end process.
- Monitor and maintain CPU targets in line with business strategy.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with equipment suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement.
- Manage suppliers, cost, quality, and delivery performance.
- Support PMO with Change Control Process and develop robust methodology.
- Provide World Class Manufacturing techniques to support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
- Support Gateway process and critique internal Manufacturing procedures with a vision to Lean NPI.
The Successful Applicant
- Manufacturing project knowledge ideally working in a powertrain manufacturing environment.
- Able to manage and develop a focused and diverse workforce.
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt or proven relevant knowledge.
- A degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or related discipline is highly desirable.
- Sound knowledge of modern manufacturing methodologies and systems planning.
- Manufacturing Quality and Test development knowledge.
- Cross-functional business team environment knowledge preferred.
- Proven ability to self-manage and deliver on time to budget.
- Excellent inter-personal skills to build relationship internally and externally.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits