Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Manufacturing Engineering Manager in Hampshire.
Market leading aerospace business.
About Our Client
My client is a market leading design and manufacturing business in Hampshire.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Support new project in load for the smooth transition of work through the in-load process and into "steady state" manufacture (NPI gated process).
- Ensure OTIF measures are met and strive to improve.
- Support GEMBA walks and cell board daily meetings on shop floor.
- Hold weekly Engineering meetings with Engineering team to create manufacturing plans to meet monthly targets on sales, OTIF and quality.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through engineering solutions in accordance with the financial plan.
- Support customer quality PPM and delivery OTIP requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge within a manufacturing operation ideally within the Aerospace industry.
- A hands-on practical engineering background and able to decipher customer requirements and determine the appropriate methods of manufacture.
- Knowledge within an ERP manufacturing based environment, preferably EPICOR.
- Broad understanding and appreciation of key operational areas (e.g. quality, production engineering), combined with common sense and a desire to succeed.
- Able to lead a team of people through engineering duties, workloads and other improvement projects.
- Able to understand the business needs (i.e. customer) and communicate these effectively across the team and to your line management.
- Clear understanding and application of modern manufacturing techniques and manufacturing best practise.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are also essential and the person must be good at working with detail in a logical, organised way and implementing improvements projects.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive salary and attractive benefits package