Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Manufacturing Engineering Manager in North West London.
Drive continuous improvement initiatives to support busines growth.
About Our Client
My client is an innovative and market leading design and manufacturing business in North West London.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Undertake continuous improvement projects to improve both the efficiency and quality of manufacture.
- Improve the Right First Time KPI and work towards a true zero-defect culture.
- Offer technical support and problem-solving skills to Production and the shop floor teams.
- Implement robust procedures and be responsible for manufacturing change control.
- Be responsible for product flow, space requirements, equipment layout and the factory layout.
- Analyse capacity potential, optimise Kanban sizes and ensure the outputs of the various factory areas are balanced.
- Be responsible for the creation and adoption of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain working relationships and strengthen feedback loops between production engineering, quality control, logistics, design and customer service departments.
- Provide analytical support; suggest, calculate and monitor production KPI's. Review internal processes vs outsourcing decisions and estimating future manufacturing requirements.
- Identify and liaise with suitable suppliers, produce CAPEX budgets and business cases, produce requirement specifications, negotiate new machinery purchases and introduce them effectively.
- Be responsible for the preparation of technical resources for training purposes.
- Be responsible for the BOMs within our ERP system.
The Successful Applicant
- An engineering background in a relevant environment having managed a team of engineers.
- A degree in engineering or a similar related field.
- Technical knowledge of LEAN principles and other manufacturing theories.
- Technical knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Project management skills and the ability to manage projects across departments.
- Knowledge of managing and prioritising the workload of yourself and your team.
- Complex problem-solving skills and knowledge using Root Cause Analysis, DMAIC or similar.
- A hands-on practical approach.
What's on Offer
£55,000 - £60,000 + benefits