Manufacturing improvement Engineer
£30,000 - £45,000
World leading manufacturing business
Great team environment
About Our Client
The company are a world leader in design, manufacture and supply of sealing products.
- Identify new equipment/technology to improve production performance.
- Engineer technical solutions to improve the performance of machines.
- Carryout process analysis and make improvements to work flows and manual processes
- Formation of working standards for 5S, TPM, SMED, milk-run etc.
- Carryout regular lean audits, track none compliance to standards and rectify problems
- Creation of standardised work throughout operations
- Support Project Management with the specifying and commissioning of new machinery and equipment
- Support of resolution of none compliance, quality problems and customer complaints raised in operations through route causes analysis and elimination of problems
- Lead project teams to deliver improvements
- Coordination of OPL's from daily CIP through PDCA cycle
- Support HSE improvements throughout operations, writing SSOW and supporting risk assessments and investigations
- Assist the operations management team with data analysis
The Successful Applicant
To be considered you should have:
- HND/OND in mechanical, Industrial or Production Engineering (A degree would stand out further)
- Experienced in managing production teams with a strong lean manufacturing knowledge.
- Engineering new solutions to enable machines to run more efficiently.
- Modern Manufacturing Techniques/Continuous Improvement - prior application of Lean
- Proven experience in delivering high profile improvement activities.
- Prior experience of identifying and flagging up the next project.
- Team player
- Good positive communication and negotiation skills
- Change facilitator, shares knowledge
- Leads by example.
- Hands on experience of problem-solving equipment issues
- Must be able to work on own initiative and without supervision.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Computer literacy a distinct advantage
- Ability to work to deadlines
What's on Offer
In return you will receive:
- Full time permanent position
- £30,000 - £50,000 per annum depending upon experience
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Good company pension