The market leader in their field
Opportunity to introduce new ideas and drive change
About Our Client
Prima Dental Group is the fastest growing Carbide Bur manufacturer in the world, with 20% increase in year on year sales over the last 5 years they have reached their goal of becoming the number one producer in the world.
Their success comes from investment in the training and development of their staff, producing the highest quality dental rotary instruments available on the market at its factory in Gloucester. Exporting to over 100 countries Worldwide within strong and growing markets in USA, Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific territories and subsidiaries in Brazil and India.
Their products are recognised as being amongst the finest quality and most innovative available, as acknowledged by various awards including a Queens Award for Enterprise in 2014 and 2018.
A high growth, high volume, niche engineering business, the company is investing resources to continue to grow in size and reputation.
The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for the production of both manufacturing sites in Gloucester. The Manufacturing Manager will need to act as a role model and advocate for safety, quality, customer service, continuous improvement, financial management and people development.
The Manufacturing Manager will need to effectively manage the two Production Managers and their teams. They will need to have a strong grasp of all live and planned production activity across the two Factories. Focusing on KPI's and other available data, the Manufacturing Manager will need to notice anomalies and trends and make changes in the processes where necessary to positively affect production.
The Manufacturing Manager will be required to provide; guidance, training, advice to the production team, develop and maintain a positive, collaborative environment with a continuous improvement culture amongst the staff within the factories.
As part of the senior team, the Manufacturing Manager will need to communicate and work effectively with their peers. They will be required to share good practice, updates and learnings to develop a world class manufacturing environment.
The Manufacturing Manager will also need to build strong relationships with all stakeholders and represent the company in negotiations, meetings and liaison with external organisations.
The Successful Applicant
The Manufacturing Manager will need to have the following:
- Significant qualification in Management.
- Strong manufacturing experience, with a proven track record of success.
- Experience of implementing and managing change.
- Able to demonstrate excellent leadership, organisation, communication and change, innovation and problem solving skills.
- Experience of using world class manufacturing, Lean, Six Sigma or similar tools in continuous improvement environment and passing on their knowledge to their subordinates.
- Experience of MRP or similar production planning systems.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills, together with computer skills (MS Office) to manipulate data and assist decision making.
What's on Offer
Salary based on experience.